- The DevOps market worldwide is expected to grow at a CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) of a whopping 25% by the year 2025
- Around 40% of DevOps teams are expected to invest in DevOps tooling and emphasize business KPIs by the year 2023, according to a report by IDC.
- A report published in the year 2019 states that the number of organizations that release codes for specific applications is expected to increase to 30% by 2023 from 3%
- DevOps professionals are ranked the highest-paid professionals among all other developers in the US. So they are at #1 in the pay ranking.
- A majority of well-established names are looking for DevOps Engineers, including Adobe, Cisco, IBM, VMWare, Microsoft, and many more.
These facts make it clear that a career in DevOps can be lucrative as well as interesting. Many professionals are open to pursuing DevOps training in order to advance their careers and become the highest-paid professionals around the world.
This article will let you know about the way you can transition your career to the field of DevOps.
Faster test execution speeds mean faster developer feedback. Cut down costs associated with bug hunting at later stages. With automated device testing you can test early and test more often to reduce delivery times and overall costs.
What is DevOps?
DevOps is a software development methodology that has revolutionized the way software is developed these days.
Earlier, around a decade ago, it took much longer to develop software that is error-free and hardly had any silos. This happened because there was a big gap between the IT staff and operations teams.
There was a strong need for collaboration between the two teams to bridge this gap. This way, DevOps came into existence. So, DevOps, as you can observe, is a combination of the two terms, Development and Operations.
DevOps is defined as an approach to software development where the development team collaborates with the Operations team in order to represent a shared approach to the tasks performed for developing a software application.
The three elements to be kept in mind at every stage of software development are Continuous Delivery, Automation, and Site Reliability.
Diving deep, DevOps refers to the practice where the team adopts iterative software development, programmable infrastructure deployment and maintenance, and automation. The term also includes the changes in culture, which may be aligning technical projects to business requirements, developing cohesion and trust between developers and system administrators, and more.
The main reasons that companies are adopting DevOps are:
- DevOps has brought innovative cultural changes in software development methodologies. The team shares a common goal because the whole team participates in the process of software development
- Continuous Integration enables the minimization of manual tasks required for performing testing and development
- The DevOps methodology focuses on task automation by providing tools for continuous delivery, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- The systems and tools support adopting DevOps that include incident management, real-time monitoring, collaboration platforms, and configuration management.
- DevOps also includes microservices, cloud computing, and containers that are implemented concurrently with DevOps practices.
- With the ever-changing trends in the tech world, the demand for trained and skilled DevOps professionals is consistently increasing.
Skills Required to learn DevOps
Some of the most crucial skills that you need to acquire in order to have a career in DevOps are:
- Linux Fundamentals and Scripting
With the right knowledge of Linux fundamentals, you will get to know the concepts such as text processing, file handling, process management, system administration, and network. Also, you should know well how to operate Linux servers, work with DNS servers, and set up proactive control for software.
Scripting skills are also essential to becoming a DevOps Engineer. Python is best for scripting as it allows you to work on task automation and testing applications and frameworks.
- Knowledge of relevant DevOps tools
To succeed in DevOps methodology, you should be proficient in using the toolset that it involves in various phases of its implementation. There are numerous DevOps tools to learn, but some of them are crucial. They are:
- Continuous Integration servers
- Version Control System
- Configuration Management
- Deployment Automation
- Network Protocols
- Testing and Cloud Quality Tools
- Monitoring and Analytics
- Infrastructure Orchestration
The main essence of DevOps lies in automation. A DevOps Engineer is expected to be proficient in automation. So, you are required to know the way of automating the entire DevOps pipeline, including infrastructure and configuration, CI/CD cycles, monitoring of application performance, and more.
- Security Skills
DevOps methodologies are popular for the primary reason being quicker deployment rates. But as the deployment rate increases, the risk rate also increases. It is here that DevSecOps come into play. You are required to integrate security with the software development lifecycle right from the beginning.
- Coding Skills
- Cloud Skills
DevOps and Cloud go parallel. Cloud enables DevOps automation by providing the required CI/CD tools. It also enables a resource monitoring system. It is important for you to learn about important cloud providers such as GCP, Azure, and AWS and also their resources.
How to Get Started with DevOps Training?
You can take up an online training course to get trained in this domain. There are numerous online courses like Simplilearn that equip you with the required skills and knowledge in DevOps.
Typically, an online training course requires you to possess a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 50% marks or higher. It is not necessary that you possess a coding background and also you don’t require to possess industry experience.
The Post Graduate Program in DevOps by Simplilearn covers the following skills:
- DevOps methodologies
- Continuous Delivery
- Continuous Integration
- Configuration Management
- DevOps on Cloud
- Source Control
- Deployment Automation Cloud Platforms
By taking this course, you will learn the essential tools that are required to implement DevOps methodologies including:
With the Simplilearn’s JobAssist program, you will get great career assistance that will make your portfolio the most preferred one for employers. The DevOps training from this ed-tech giant Simplilearn is worth giving a try.
Enroll Yourself Now!!
Read Also: What To Do To Get Success In The Government Exams?