Pune city sits on top of the Deccan Plateau. The Mutha River flows alongside the river. It is the second-largest city in the state of Maharashtra. It is also known as the “Queen of Deccan”. It has also been referred to as the hilly city.It also has a royal history as it was known to be the home of the Rahstrakuta Dynasty and ruled by the mighty Chhatrapati Shivaji.
There has been a boom in Industrial and IT ones in the city which has added to the last few decades of development, it has also seen a rise in the sector of tourism as well.Pune boasts of being the second city after Hyderabad to offer a “high quality of living”. It attracts travellers for its historical monuments, vivid culture, and mouth-watering street food. The beautiful small hilltops, parks, and gardens also add to the scenic beauty of the place.
Mumbai-based individuals above all who are trapped in their daily life can get away to Pune, which is just four hours drive. The famous Sawai Gandharva Sangeet Mahotsav are festivals staged in the month of December is very popular which you can see when in Pune. Classical music fans can plan a trip during this season to enjoy the blend of modern life and also its century-old musical heritage.The prestigious Pune University is considered the “Oxford of the East”. It is also an ideal destination for higher studies. Pune’spopular tourist places one can explore are the Chaturshringi temple of Goddess Ambareshwari, Parvati temple, Ambedkar Museum, and Rajiv Gandhi Zoological Park. Other places would be Dagaduseth Halwai Ganpati temple, Rock carved Pataleshwar temple and the Shaniwar Wada built during the time of Bajirao Peshwa are the go-to places while sightseeing in Pune.
On the outskirts of Pune, there are places such as the Shinde chatri memorial as well as Express Garden which can be perfect places to visit and enjoy the scenic beauty. If you are seeking mental refreshment you can go to the commercial theatre or the Osho International Meditation resort of Koregaon Park. You can also see forts which with theirmind-blowing architecture can also be good visits.
Pune trip will not be complete if you don’t pamper one’s taste buds with Maharashtrian, delicacies such as Misal Pav, Puran Poli, etc.Pune trip is incomplete without pampering one’s taste buds with the Maharashtrian delicacies such as Puran Poli, Misal Pav, and Mastani milkshake among many others. Pune is the most favoured weekend destination for the Maharashtrian people, but if you have planned for a long stay you could go for a trip to twin cities Lonavala and Khandala. Mahabaleshwar. Nashik, Shirdi, and world heritage sites Ajanta and Ellora caves can also be on your bucket list you visit while in Pune.
Pune’s cosmopolitan nature is reflected by the Lal Deval or the Jewish synagogue, some churches that dot the city. You can do some adventure activities such as paragliding, jungle trekking, camping, lake crossing, etc.the Flying club and the Paragliding School are functional from October to June and are located just an hour drive from Pune. At a very nominal cost, the Gliding Center of Pune lets you experience the flight of a bird and you get to experience the bird’s eye view of the Pune city. It is pretty much an adrenaline rush to experience these adventure activities.
Pune has a rich history and culture which has been preserved even with the increasing monopolization. The bravery of the Marathas, the love story of Bajirao and Mastani, and the valour of Tanaji Malusare can all be found in the history of Pune city. Revolutionaries like Lokmanya Tilak, Mahatma Gandhi, and Gopal Ganesh Agarkarhave all left their footprints around Pune city.
Pune is a shoppers’ paradise as well as a foodie’s paradise. Mouth-watering street food is very famous out here. The most loved snack here is Puneri Misal, Vadapav, and also Bakarwadi.
Summing up, the experiences one should have while in Pune are as follows.
- Shopping- one can go for walk in the numerous malls and do window shopping. You could also try out delicious food at the food court.
- Gliding- you can also go for a gliding experience flying like a bird. You can also learn at the Gliding Centre which is India’s oldest and most active hub for gliding. In the eastern part of the city, the center is located. Activity is conducted from Sunday through Thursday.
- Pune Cuisine- you should not miss out on the varied cuisine of Pune. The street foods are awesome. A visit to the bazaar and nearby market will give you a taste of them.
- Bird Watching- tourists could enjoy bird watching while boating in some of the city parks of Pune. Migratory birds can be seen throughout the season in Pune. If a tourist can make it at the right time bird watching could be a delight.
- Amusement Park- thereisnumerous amusement park where you can go and take a fun ride. The Adlabs Imagica or the Diamond waterpark are some of them where you can experience the joy rides.
- Pune Heritage Walk – you could go for the heritage walk organized by Janwani and Pune Municipal Corporation. It is about a 2.5 km walk and is multi-thematic wherein people can learn about the history of the place. Almost 18 historical spots are covered which haveimmense cultural and historical value.
Backpackers can get a good rate at hostels and family groups can book in advance to get reasonable rates while traveling to Pune. Depending on your budget you can check price listings online and book accordingly. You can also check out the 5star hotel Pune if you are up for a luxurious getaway. You can take a place near the metro as it would save you time while traveling the city giving you ample time to cover everything.
A good traveling guide will give you a total list of what to do and what not while traveling to a place. With various packages, one can enjoy a world-class vacation that gifts unmatched expedition and marvellous sights to capture.
Read also: Why You Should Need a Drone as A Traveler