If you are a business marketing enthusiast, then you must be aware that social media marketing is the most powerful tool for modern day marketing. As social media continues to evolve, the way and methods of marketing has also changed, everything is now done in a blink with just a few clicks. The potential of social media is that it allows you to connect to customers across the globe, know their preferences, build relationships, inform them about the company, make sales and provide them with after-sales services. Social media has enabled marketing techniques that are both customer friendly as well as business friendly. It has divided into two categories of service receivers and service providers, and bifurcately designed features for easy sale and purchase.
Understanding Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is a wide area of study, nowadays there are online courses available to make you learn how social media marketing is done? Many people take it as a tough task to perform, but surprisingly social media marketing is the easiest form of marketing yet efficient. Now, what is social media marketing? It is the form of marketing where social media platforms such as Facebook and Instagram are used to promote a product or service. Social media marketing is becoming more popular among practitioners and researchers.
How does social media marketing work?
Social media marketing is the strategy of using free posts and paid ads to convert the audience into customers. You are aware of the several different features that social media provides us with. Majorly these features are used to connect with the large audience. How do businesses use these features? Social media is now available with both business profile and personal profile options. When you mention yourself in the category of business, it provides you with some enhanced and advanced features that are particularly prone to marketing. You just need to create an account, inform about the product or service through stories, posts and advertisements. You can also provide the link of your website in the bio, so by just clicking on the link, you get multiplied reach on your website. The noteworthy point is, it is one of the fastest growing forms of marketing today and fastest growing trend in the history of the world.
Here are some of the astounding facts about social media, which are a great pitch for why social media marketing is having an edge over other forms of marketing.
- 71% Of the adult population access social media– The amazing fact is, almost three-quarters of adults with internet access have at least one social media account. And 52% of online adults use more than one social media platform. The following data is essential for you to know if you are in business. These platforms can easily fetch you a large target audience, and can give your business an opportunity potential exposure.
- India is Instagram’s fastest growing market– Increasing its audience by 16% over every quarter, India is the fastest growing region for Instagram presently. Instagram is sufficient to boost your business to a height where your business becomes a very well-known and popular entity. You can directly make sale of your product through Instagram without even having an individual website. Your followers on Instagram will help you to further promote your product, every like you receive increases the spontaneity of your post, for this business prefer to buy Instagram likes for their post, so that it is repeatedly visible.
- B2B marketers surrender that they have generated leads from social media– The misconception about social media is, that it is only beneficial to B2C companies. Although, it is tough to convince, social media algorithms are helpful to generate leads for B2B businesses as well. Around 6.57% of leads for B2B is generated through social media marketing, which cannot be neglected. Hence, we can consider that flexibility has benefited several types of businesses. This states that there is no limitation for marketing through social media, it is well set and open to every business.
- YouTube drives the most engaged traffic– Many do not consider YouTube as a social media platform even. The specific options that run in your mind when somebody says social media are Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, LinkedIn or maybe Pinterest. But the amazing fact about YouTube is that it engages more traffic than any of their social media. Visitors from YouTube stay on sites for the longest duration and visit more pages. However, it launches fewer referrals but it makes sure that you are getting quality over quantity.
- Facebook is the most widely used platform– If you have limited resources to be on one platform or else if you are new to social media marketing then Facebook is your best bet. Initially, it all started with Facebook only, and still Facebook has retained its users and falls into the highest used social media platform amongst all. Over half of the adult population use social media platforms which is significant by any standard. Therefore, Facebook remains to be the highest and best platform for new and already existing businesses.
Social media marketing took an edge over other marketing techniques as we moved ahead with time. Even today it is persistently growing every day. Hundreds of business accounts register themselves on social media to market their products and services. It is somewhat impossible to imagine a growing business without social media set up of marketing.
Although the traditional methods of marketing still exist but are shrinking day by day, the reason is more people now rely on social media and the internet to buy a product or find a service. An average time of a person is mostly spent on social media rather than reading the newspaper or listening to the radio. Hence, the prevailing age belongs to social media. And it would be absolutely true to say, that the modern-day success of a brand is highly possible through social media and the internet only.