Everyone wants to use luxurious, fluffy and soft towels when it comes to personal use and especially when it feels good to your skin, there is nothing better than that. Towels are undeniably one of the most hardest working objects in both the home and the hotel but still the white and clean towels that we use during our stay in a hotel is far better than the one we use at our home on daily basis. Either they become hard and scratchy or becomes infused with a damp, musty smell which is just worst of all. As towels are among the hardest working objects, we use them to dry off, clean large messes and even take them to the beach with us.
Hotel towels are made of a variety of materials, the most common of which is 100% cotton. What’s the difference between 100% ring spun cotton yarns and 100% combed Egyptian cotton yarns, though? Cotton/polyester blend yarns are made up of 86% cotton and 14% polyester ring spun yarns. It is both soft and durable, making it ideal for everyday usage.
Despite the vital role they play in our daily lives, we often treat them badly, tossing them in a wet pile or putting them through high-heat dryer cycles. And then we are perplexed as to why hotel towels appear to be so much fluffier and softer than those at our home.
So, have you ever wondered why the quality of those white hotel towels is so satisfying? Here, in this article we have some gathered some unknown facts and tips to let you know that hat hotels actually do keep their towels so soft and fluffy throughout their lifespan.
- Always go for high-quality Hotel towels: The first step towards the quality begins at the time of your purchase from the hotel supply store. When you choose low-quality hotel towels, it will become difficult to maintain their softness and fluffiness. Therefore, make sure to put some extra effort while choosing the towels.
- Do proper care: It’s all about taking good care. Towels should be washed in warm because it improves detergent absorption and also sanitizes the towels. One more good reason for warm water is that it removes build-up of grime so your towels look brighter and less stained.
- Use Vinegar or Baking Soda: Here’s a hotel hack that instead of using a fabric softener, try using vinegar of baking soda to increase the durability and softness of a towel. Because fabric softener contains silicon which makes your towels water repellent. Add 1/2 cup of baking soda or vinegar to the laundry and see the magic as it helps keep towels fluffy, white, odor free and cleans up chemicals and grime.
- Right wash load is the key: If you buy hotel towels on wholesale, know that they can be used in a wide range of applications. They can be used as kitchen towels or can give you a spa-like feel to any bathroom. So, it is much necessary to right wash load. Never over or under fill the washing machine. Overstuffed washers do not disperse the detergent and do not allow the mechanical action to work properly. On the other hand, a washing machine that is underfilled, produces far too much mechanical movement. The towels’ fibres will break down at a considerably faster rate than they would in an average-sized load. To extend the life of your favorite towels, aim for a capacity of roughly 80%.
- Throw a tennis ball in dryer: Consider tossing a new tennis ball into the dryer when it’s time to dry towels. This will help in the removal of lumps, the prevention of clumping, the softening and fluffing of towels, the speeding up of the drying process, and the reduction of wrinkles and static. This is a simple and an eco-friendly method for making your towels soft and fluffy again.
- Fabric softener: Even though you might be sold with the word softener, these chemicals are a no-go for your towels. They may temporarily soften your luxury hand towels, but they eventually build up a layer of chemicals on top of the fibres. This reduces the absorbency of your premium towel significantly. Instead of using harsh chemicals, try natural alternatives like washing your towels with vinegar. Not only will they make your towels fluffy, but they will also remove all sort of odors and stains.
To attract more clients and deliver the finest experience for their guests, hotels have the keep the softest towel range on hand. With time, they’ve learned how to be economical as well as use different techniques to keep their towels fluffy for a long time.